VENUE: Franklin County Arts Council, 22 S. Main St., Franklinton NC 27525
10:30 a.m. RED CARPET
Morning Block Film's Screening 10:55 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. 1) Autumn Leaves (4 mins) (Iran) Narrative (Drama)(Children) Filmmaker: Saman Hosseinpuor Synopsis: “Autumn Leaves” is about a little girl who is going to school and something happens on the way.
2) The Watchtower (55 mins) (USA - Italian and Irish Influence)Filmmaker: Steve Silver (Awarded 4 times Best Dramatic Playwright by the American Theatre of Actor’s). A story of love and survival in New York City's notorious Hell's Kitchen as declining West side Irish and Italian gangs compete for their bloody share of the action.
2) The Phasebook (18 mins) (India) (Drama)Director: Ashutosh Singh Khadpat, a mentally retarded man, lives with his wife and two daughters. He works as homemaker while his wife earns bread & butter for family by running beauty parlor. With the help of his daughter, he creates his Facebook profile, and searches for his long lost love.
3) I do not like here (20 mins) (Iran) Filmmaker: Javad Daraei Eli has been involved in a personality dualism and regardless of her constant disagreemets with her father'she still seeks her true nature
4) Best Before Ends (25 mins) Directed by Nicolas Fogliarini synopsis: Francois, 65 years old, lives alone in his flat. He has no one to talk to. One morning he's sitting on his armchair facing his window. He remains still but his inner voice is giving us his mood. How long will he stay immobile staring at his window? This film is based on true events.
5) Normal (18 mins) (Venezuela) Filmmaker: Vadim Lasca Fabricio, a Chavista young man, is stuck at home during the rioting occurred in Venezuela on 2014. Alejandra, his former opposition girlfriend, who is participating in the street rioting, is pursued by the National Guard, and arrives, without knowing, to the Fabricio’s house, who helps her to hide. Due to the volatile situation in the streets, Alejandra should stay with Fabricio until it is safe to get out. During this time together should deal with their political differences, which in the past led to their separation. Trailer: https://vimeo.com/153306664
6) No Name Maddox (25 mins) (NC Film) Local Filmmaker: Glenn Pack A young priest tries to help a 14-year-old Charles Manson.
7) Moksha (8 mins) (USA - Indian Tamil Influence) Filmmaker: Vick Krishna In a post-apocalyptic world, a son is in a dire journey to fulfill his Mother's wishes. He must overcome this toxic environment and some unexpected foes.
Early Evening Block Screening 2:20 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
1) Determined (45 mins) (USA) - FILMMAKER ATTENDING Directed and written by Rodney T. Moore Travis Dunbar always wanted to be a lawyer, but when his 9 year old sister is murdered and his family never got answers from police, Travis vows to find his sisters killer, so he alters his dream of being a lawyer to join the FBI, but is he really ready for the answers he will uncover.
2) Dear New President (5 mins) (US) - FILMMAKER ATTENDING Filmmaker: Cameron Bontrager (10 year old) Written and directed by 10 year old, Cameron Scout Bontrager. Cameron wanted the world to know that the youth have a voice too. The interviews reveal children's thoughts on the recent election and the upcoming 4 years. Their remarks are very light-hearted, meaningful and sometimes humorous.
3) Our War (25 mins) (NC film) - FILMMAKER ATTENDING Local Filmmaker: JD Mayo In 1861, as the American Civil War begins to rage, a family from a small farm in North Carolina is shocked when the eldest son leaves to enlist in the Union army, choosing to fight against his home. As the war erupts over four years, that decision will change him, and his family, in ways they couldn't possibly imagine, setting the stage for a dramatic, and possibly deadly, reunion.
4) The Dolphin Skin City (20 mins) (France) - FILM CREW ATTENDING Filmmaker: Pierre GAFFIÉ Eric Laurent, an idealistic architect, works on a very special project : "The dolphin skin project", that was initiated in Australia. A few hours before attending a congress he meets Claire, a florist, and falls under her spell…